Sunday, February 05, 2006

Syriana





One word to describe this movie would be "Intelligent".

If I correctly understand the meaning of the word "Syriana", it is an ideology of reshaping nations in an American image. The movie is based on the book titled, "See No Evil" by Robert Baer. Mr Baer is a former CIA agent who wrote the book based on his experiences in the Middle East.

Syriana tells the untold story behind cheap foreign oil. A web of characters, corporations, CIA, politics, greed, power, poverty and fundamentalism. The movie threads through each of these aspects and ties it into one powerful ending.

This is a no-nonsense movie. I would highly recommend it.

As I walked out of the theatre pondering over the movie, I heard this comment from a young guy in front of me, "Dude, that was an awesome movie". I agreed

Quote of the day
"All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field."~Albert Einstein (via quotegarden.com)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been wondering if it was any good, so thanks for the review! I'll have to see it now for sure.

Chris said...

I've been looking for an intelligent movie. THanks for the recommendation.